A strong woodcutter worked for a timber merchant. The pay and working conditions were good, so he decided to give it his all. The owner gave him an axe and showed him the area where he would work. On the first day, the woodcutter brought back 18 trees. The owner was very pleased and congratulated him.
Inspired by the owner's praise, the woodcutter set out again the next day. In the evening, when he counted the trees, he could only cut down 15. The woodcutter thought, "No problem, I'll make up for it tomorrow." He returned with the same enthusiasm on the third day. When he counted the trees in the evening, he was astonished. He had only been able to cut down 10 trees. He couldn't understand anything. He thought to himself, "I'll put in more effort tomorrow and finish the count." But each day, the woodcutter brought back fewer trees than the day before. The woodcutter felt he was losing his strength. He went to his master and apologized, saying, "Master, my trees are getting fewer and fewer every day, even though I'm putting in more and more energy."
The master thought for a moment and asked, "When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" The woodcutter replied, "Sharpen? Master, I haven't had time to sharpen it. I was always trying to cut down as many trees as possible." The master said, "Go sharpen your axe today and tell me tomorrow how many trees you cut." The next day, the woodcutter ran to his master and said, "Master, it's amazing! I cut down 20 trees today."
The point is that we get so busy with life that we don't even have time to sharpen our axe. Today, everyone is busier than ever, working harder, but less happy than ever. Why? Make time for the things in life that give you energy, happiness, and that sharpen the edge of your life.
Read more : -

0 Comments