"Hey daughter-in-law, this vegetable vendor doesn't have any change, please give me ₹5." Hearing this, Kavita called out to her daughter-in-law, Sakshi. Sakshi said, "Mummy, I'll bring it right away." Sakshi opened her purse and tried to take out a ₹5 coin, but there was no option. Sakshi remembered clearly that the auto driver had returned her ₹5 coin yesterday. She rummaged through her purse but couldn't find it anywhere. She said to her mother-in-law, "Mummy, I don't have ₹5 change right now either. Please tell the vegetable vendor to write down the loan." With that, she began to think, "I've been noticing for some time that whenever a ₹5 coin or a small note is left in my purse, it disappears. Who is taking it?" She had mentioned it to her mother-in-law and husband a couple of times, but they both flatly denied taking any money from her purse. Sakshi couldn't understand how the money was disappearing. A maid also came to the house, but she didn't want to suspect him over such a small matter. But when money started disappearing repeatedly, Sakshi decided to find out who was taking the daily ₹5. One day, she deliberately left a ₹5 coin on the drawing room table, and two hours later, she was shocked to see it. Her nine-year-old son, Aarav, tiptoed to the table and quietly picked up the ₹5 and put it in his bag. Sakshi was astonished at what Aarav was doing. She had never let Aarav lack anything. She had instilled good values in him, yet she was stunned by this. She couldn't understand how her son had developed this habit. Why was he stealing in his own home? Whatever the case, seeing his son's actions deeply distressed her. The next moment, the thought came to her mind: what was Aarav doing with this ₹5 that he didn't even consider telling anyone at home? Sakshi's mind began to be filled with fear. She decided to get to the bottom of the truth. So she said nothing to Aarav at that time and quietly continued with her household chores. But she remained depressed throughout the day. She didn't know what her son did with the money he had stolen from the house. She kept a close eye on Aarav. She noticed that Aarav hadn't gone out or ordered anything. Sakshi was certain the money would still be in his bag. The day passed and night fell. Aarav didn't go out at night anyway. Sakshi slept peacefully, but her sleep was occasionally interrupted by restlessness. As Aarav's school time approached the next morning, Sakshi's heart pounded. She hadn't told anyone about this yet because she wanted to find out the truth for herself.
She also knew that if she asked Aarav directly, he wouldn't tell her anything. So she quietly followed him to find out the truth. When Aarav got ready and left for school, Sakshi followed him, maintaining a certain distance. As Aarav turned into a back alley, Sakshi's slippers broke, and she stopped for a moment. She put the slippers aside and continued barefoot. She wanted to see where Aarav was going. Aarav didn't go very far. After a short distance, he stopped near an old woman sitting outside an old, dilapidated house. Her body was frail and it seemed she hadn't eaten properly in days. Sakshi moved a little closer. Then she saw Aarav taking some money from his bag and placing it in the old woman's palm. Sakshi was stunned. The old woman was none other than their old maid, Bai Rajjo. Over time, Rajjo had grown sick and weak and had stopped coming to work. After that, Sakshi had hired another maid and never thought about Rajjo again. Seeing her in this state today, Sakshi's heart sank. Now she understood why Aarav was stealing money, but there wasn't just ₹5 in his bag; there was more. Sakshi's mind was spinning. She wondered where he had gotten so much money from. Some of the truth was revealed, but the full story remained to be unraveled. When Aarav left for school, Sakshi went to Rajjo. As soon as Rajjo saw her former mistress, tears welled up in her eyes. She said, "Daughter, you are very kind. It's because of you that I can afford two meals a day. With the money you send through Lalla, I buy a few things and satisfy my hunger." Hearing all this, Sakshi was stunned. She asked, "But Amma, what are you doing here alone? Your son used to work in the city, right? Why didn't you go to him?" Rajjo cried and said, "What can I tell you, daughter? My son wanted to take me to the city with him.
I also thought that after I stopped working, I would go to my son's place and spend my old age comfortably. But then he had an accident and passed away. Now I am completely alone. No one gives me work in my old age. Sometimes the neighbors give me something to eat, and I eat it, otherwise I remain hungry. But for the last few days, your son has been giving me something every day, which helps me survive." Hearing this, Sakshi's eyes welled up with tears. She thought, "Rajjo Bai worked at our house for so many years. When people work in a company, they get a pension, but no one even asks about these people in their old age." She was proud of her son for thinking of helping Rajjo Bai, but she also found it strange where he had gotten so much money. Well, she would find out in the evening. She returned home with that thought. Her mind remained confused all day. When Aarav returned home from school that evening, Sakshi called him over and said lovingly, "Look, son, I know you're taking money from my purse. Now tell me the truth." Aarav bowed his head and said, "Mom, I thought you'd scold me if I told you, so I didn't say anything. Do you remember our old maid, Rajjo Bai? She was very ill. I used to see her every day on my way to school. One day, I mustered up the courage to go and check on her. She told me she didn't even have money for food. I told my friends at school. We all decided to help Rajjo Bai with our pocket money. We each saved a little for ourselves so we could give her some. But I lost control and bought ice cream three or four times. So my share started falling short. So I started taking ₹5 from your purse every day. But from next month, I was going to help Rajjo Bai with my pocket money." With that, Aarav fell silent. Tears welled up in Sakshi's eyes. She thought, "I used to go that way every day, but I never even looked at Rajjo Bai. What Aarav did is being a true human being." She hugged her son and said, "Son, you've done a great job. But next time, if anything happens, don't hide it from Mom. Good deeds shouldn't be hidden. We should have helped even better." Aarav said, "Mom, aren't you angry?" Sakshi smiled and said, "No, son, not at all. In fact, I'm proud of you today. But from now on, Rajjo Bai is my sole responsibility. I'll provide her with three meals a day and a few rupees every month. You and your friends won't have to spend your pocket money anymore." Hearing this, Aarav hugged his mother and said, "Mom, you're very nice." Sakshi smiled and said, "Son, mothers also learn a lot from their children. It's not always the adults who teach. Sometimes, even children can teach life's biggest lessons." And Sakshi felt so much lighter at heart because her son had shown her the most beautiful side of humanity.
Read more : -

0 Comments