Bound by Duty: The Price of Unfulfilled Love



I was writhing in bed. My body was full of unfulfilled passion, a fire that was burning me from within. I was wrapping the bedsheet around my body as if to suppress my hunger.

My husband, Ajay, had been working in Mumbai for the past eight months. His voice on the phone was the same old one, “Just a few more months, Geeta, then everything will be fine.” But it was not easy for me to bear this. My youth was screaming, and I was unable to silence it.

One day my friend Pooja invited me for tea. She saw the sadness on my face and asked, “What is the matter, Geeta? Why are you so lost in thought and why is sadness visible on your face?” I told her my problem even though I did not want to. She smiled and said, “I have a solution for this. There is my friend Vicky—young, strong, and still single. Should I introduce you to him?” At first I refused, but the heat of my body forced me to say yes.

When I met Vicky for the first time, the sparkle in his eyes made me restless. He was tall, well-built, and had a strange charm. He touched my hand while talking, and that one touch sent electricity through me. A few days later, he called me to his flat. As soon as we reached there, I could not stop myself. He pulled me into his arms, and what happened next was much more than sex for me. His hot breath, his strong body, and the moment when I was completely lost in him - I felt as if my soul definitely needed this after years, which I had got! Those moments with Vicky became a part of my life. In every meeting, I satisfied my physical hunger. That pleasure, that satisfaction, which Ajay could never give me, Vicky gave me. But every pleasure has a price, and I had to pay it soon. One day Ajay returned home without telling anyone. Someone told him that there is another man in my life.  He cornered me in anger, "What were you doing in my absence?" There were tears in my eyes, I was embarrassed, but I could not say anything. I wanted to tell him that I too had needs, I too had a body that demanded love. But my tongue remained silent.

Ajay pretended to forgive me, but only to show the world. Now we live under the same roof, but the relationship of husband and wife is just in name. The nights have become colder than before. Memories of Vicky are in my heart, but I do not have the courage to meet him.

Ajay taunts me every day, and I suffer silently. One day I found an old message from Vicky, "Your one night was more than my whole life." After reading that message, I was lost in thoughts. Should I jump into that fire again? Or should I continue to carry this colorless life like this?

Now you tell me. What is the way forward for me?  Should I choose my happiness or remain bound by the shackles of society? What would you have done if you were in my place? What should I do next? My husband taunts me every day. I listen to him silently but am unable to give any reply.

Read more : - 

Beyond Physical Intimacy: The Essence of True Love 

Post a Comment

0 Comments