Once a question arose in King Bhoj's court : "Which well is that from which a person cannot come out after falling?"
No one could answer this question.
Finally, King Bhoj told the royal priest to bring the answer within seven days, otherwise all the rewards and other money he had been given would be taken back and he would have to leave this city and go elsewhere.
Six days had passed. The royal priest had not received a reply. Disappointed, he headed towards the forest. There he met a shepherd.
The shepherd asked, "You are the royal priest, the king's favorite, then why is there so much sadness on your face?"
How will this shepherd guide me? Thinking this, the priest said nothing.
The shepherd again asked the reason for his sadness, saying, "Pandit ji, I am also a saint. Perhaps I have the answer to your question. So, feel free to leave." Say it."
The royal priest told the question and said that if the answer was not received by tomorrow, the king would expel him from the city.
The shepherd said - "I have the philosopher's stone, make a lot of gold from it. Not just one Bhoj, but millions of Bhojs will chase you."
Before giving me the philosopher's stone, you will have to agree to one condition of mine: you will have to become my disciple."
At first, pride arose within the royal priest, thinking, should I become the disciple of a worthless shepherd? But to fulfill his selfish motives, he agreed to become his disciple. The shepherd said, "First drink the sheep's milk, then become my disciple." The royal priest said that if a Brahmin drinks sheep's milk, his intelligence will be destroyed. I will not drink the milk. So go away, I will not give you the philosopher's stone," said the shepherd. The royal priest said, "Okay, I am ready to drink the milk. What do you want to do next?" The shepherd said, "Now first I will make the milk impure, then you will have to drink it." The royal priest said, "You are crossing all limits!" "Will you give the Brahmin stale milk?" said the shepherd.
The royal priest said, "I am ready to drink stale milk."
The shepherd said, "That's over. Now, I will milk the dead man's skull lying in front of me, make it stale, let the dog lick it, and then give it to you. Then you will get the philosopher's stone.Otherwise, go your way."
The royal priest thought carefully and said, "It's very difficult, but I'm ready."
The shepherd said, "I've found the answer. This is the well! The well of greed and desire, into which a person keeps falling and never comes out. Just as you kept falling into this well of greed to get the philosopher's stone.
We are all so engrossed in this worldly illusion that we forget the purpose of life and are trapped in the greed for more and more."
Read more : -

0 Comments