The Legacy of a Mother's Love



“Mom, if you cry today, I won't take my medicine…”

Sunita's hands stopped when she heard the voice of the little boy lying on the bed.

She held a glass of water, but her fingers trembled.

The room was filled with the smell of medicine, the smoke of incense sticks, and a deathly silence.

Outside, raindrops were falling on the roof, as if the sky itself was crying.

“No, son, why would Mom cry… You'll get well soon, right?”

Sunita tried to smile, but the corners of her lips became wet.

Two days ago…

Sunita's eight-year-old son, Aarav, was playing cricket in the street as usual.

Suddenly, while running, he fell and said, “Mom, I'm feeling very dizzy.”

At first, she thought it might be weakness.  But when Aarav continued to have a high fever throughout the night, she rushed to the government hospital with the help of a neighbor.

The doctor looked at him and, without saying a word, wrote something on the file.

"Your child is very weak. Get a blood test done immediately."

Sunita's world sank—the test report read "Dengue+."

The doctor said, "He'll have to be admitted immediately. His platelet count has dropped significantly."

"Sir, I don't have a single penny at home, I work as a laborer."

"Then please get him checked out at an NGO... or a private hospital, there are no facilities here."

The doctor's tone was devoid of compassion, only formality.

Tears streamed down Sunita's cheeks—she looked at her son, who was unconscious with fever.

It was 11 o'clock at night.

She was sitting near Station Road, holding her son in her lap.

People were passing by, some would glance and walk away, others would look away.

Suddenly, a woman stopped—“What happened, sister? Is the child sick?”

Sunita burst into tears and said, “Didi, it's dengue… the hospital isn't admitting him.”

The woman said, “Come with me, I'll take him to a nearby clinic.”

Upon reaching the clinic, the doctor looked at her and said, “Get him on a drip right now. I'll help as much as I can, but platelets will need to be transfused—they'll have to be obtained from the blood bank.”

Sunita's heart raced—“How much will it cost?”

“About four thousand…”

Four thousand!

Sunita didn't even have forty rupees.

She took to the streets.

Sometimes outside temples, sometimes at tea shops—“Brother, my son is going to die, I need four thousand rupees…”

People gave her some coins, some taunted her—

“Are you begging at this time of night? Is this some kind of drama?”

She listened, but didn't give up.

By morning, she had saved three thousand five hundred rupees. 

Exhausted and drenched in sweat, she returned to the clinic.

The doctor said, "It's too late... The platelet count has dropped too low."

Sunita grabbed his hand.

"Sir, you are God, please do something!"

Aarav's breathing became faster.

Sunita placed a cold compress on his forehead and whispered, "Son, just don't close your eyes..."

Aarav smiled.

"Mom, I'm not scared anymore... You're with me, aren't you?"

"Yes, son, my mother is here..."

He kissed the child's forehead with trembling lips.

A little while later, the nurse came.

"Madam, the platelet count has been administered. I hope he'll be alright."

Sunita's lips uttered, "God... Please save my child..."

Three days passed.

Aarav's fever had subsided somewhat, but he was very weak.

He would wake up every hour to look at his mother's face -

"Mom, haven't you slept?"

"No, son, once you get better, I'll sleep well."

But fate had other plans.

Around two o'clock in the night, the doctor peeked into the room -

The beeping on the monitor was slowly stopping.

Sunita's heart felt like it was clenched in a fist.

"Doctor, what happened to my son?"

The doctor remained silent, his head bowed.

"No... you're lying... my son is just asleep..."

She began shaking Aarav -

"Son, get up! Look, I've washed your school bag... get up!"

The nurses in the room also started crying.

Sunita hugged her son's cooling body -

"You told me you wouldn't take your medicine if your mother cried...

Look, your mother won't cry, son... just get up..."

But now Aarav would never wake up.

In the morning, the same woman who had helped Sunita that night came to her, sitting on the hospital stairs.

She said, "Sister, come with me. I'll get you a job at my NGO."

Sunita said softly, "For whom should I live now, Didi? I've lost everything..."

The woman said, "No, sister, now you'll live for those children who are waiting for a Sunita... who don't have a mother."

Sunita wiped her tears, hugged a small photo of Aarav to her chest, "Yes, son, now your mother will become someone else's support."

Three months later...

There was a sign in the same NGO in the city: "Aarav Foundation - Every child has the right to life."

Every day, Sunita fed poor children and distributed books.

Every evening, as the sun set, she looked up at the sky and smiled, "Look, son, mother doesn't cry anymore... are you here somewhere?"

A tear rolled down her cheek, but this time it wasn't one of pain, but one of pride.

Message : - 

Sometimes God takes away our dearest ones and makes us the light of someone else's life.

A mother's love never ends—it just changes.

Read more : - 

A Lesson in Family Unity 

Post a Comment

0 Comments