A woman and her little child were frolicking on the waves of the ocean, and the current was strong. She held her son's arm tightly, and they were happily engaged in water play, when suddenly a huge, terrifying wave of water appeared before them. They looked at it in horror, as the tidal wave rose higher and higher, right in front of them, and engulfed them. When the water receded, the little boy was nowhere to be seen.
The grieving mother searched for him everywhere in the water, crying out, "Melvin, Melvin, where are you? Melvin!" When it became clear that the child was lost, swept away by the water,
Then, distraught at the loss of her son, the mother raised her eyes to the sky and prayed, "Oh, dear and merciful Father, please have mercy on me and return my beloved child."
I promise you eternal gratitude. I promise I will never cheat on my husband again; I will never cheat on my income taxes again; I will be kind to my mother-in-law; I will give up smoking and all my addictions! All the wrong ones. Just be kind to me and return my son.
Just then another wall of water appeared and fell on her head. When the water receded, she saw her little son standing there.
She hugged him to her chest, kissed him, and held him close. Then she looked at him for a moment and once again raised her gaze to heaven. Looking upward, she said, "But he was wearing his hat."
My heart is like this: the child is back, but the hat is lost. Now she is not happy because her son has returned, but unhappy because the hat was lost—again, complaining. Have you ever noticed this happening inside your mind?
It's always like this. You don't thank life for everything it gives you. You're constantly complaining about what hasn't happened.
You're constantly looking at what hasn't happened, not at what has happened. You're always looking, wishing, and expecting, but you're never grateful.
Millions of things are happening for you, but you're never grateful. You're always full of irritation and complaint, and you're always in a state of frustration.
Read more : -
The Controversial Tale of Lady Lucy Duff Gordon on the Titanic

0 Comments