The Intelligent Carpenter



There lived a carpenter in a village. He was very strong, both physically and mentally. One day, a wealthy man from a nearby village invited him to his house to make furniture.

When the work was finished, and it was evening, he returned home. He tucked the bundle of money under his arm and wrapped himself in a blanket to protect himself from the cold.

He quietly headed home along a deserted road. After walking some distance, he was suddenly stopped by a robber.

The robber was physically weaker than the carpenter, but his weakness was masked by his gun.

When the carpenter saw him, the robber said, "Give me everything you have or I'll shoot you."

Hearing this, the carpenter handed the bundle to the robber and said, "Okay, you can keep the money, but what will I tell my wife when I get home? She'll think I gambled away the money."

You do one thing, put a bullet in my hat with your gun so that my wife will believe that I was robbed.'

The robber proudly fired his gun and pierced the hat. As the robber was about to leave, the carpenter said, 'Do one more thing, so that my wife will believe that a gang of robbers robbed me. Otherwise, my wife will think I'm a coward.'

You put four or five holes in this blanket too.' The robber happily fired several bullets into the blanket.

Then the carpenter took off his coat and said, 'Put a couple of holes in this too so that all the villagers will believe that I fought hard.'

The robber said, 'Stop it now. I'm out of bullets in this gun too.'

Hearing this, the carpenter stepped forward, grabbed the robber, and said, 'That's what I wanted too.'

Your only strength was this gun.  Now this one is also empty. You can no longer exert any influence on me.

Quietly give me back my bundle, or else...

Upon hearing this, the robber was terrified and immediately returned the bundle to the carpenter and ran away, saving his life.

Today, the carpenter's strength came in handy when he used his intelligence wisely.

That's why it is said that in difficult situations, one should use one's intelligence more; only then can one easily overcome difficulties.

Read more : - The Sacred Bond of Friendship 

Post a Comment

0 Comments