Many times we take a decision in our life, which we regret for the rest of our life. But the effect of some lasts for a short time, while some we cannot forget for the rest of our life. Regret is also very painful. This feeling arising from just one mistake prevents us from being happy in life and fulfilling our dreams. The same has happened with me. I also took such a decision and I will not be able to recover from its regret for the rest of my life. It ruined my whole life. Love, friendship, relationships – nothing remained in my life. I broke my friend's trust and married her husband and later I had to face a lot of difficulties.
My friend's name is Riya. Riya and I were best friends in college. She was my support system and without her I felt completely incomplete. Her personality was very bright and she was very beautiful. She attracted others to her very easily. She mingled with others very easily. These qualities of hers sometimes made me jealous. But I never let it be mentioned and it did not affect our friendship. I had a boyfriend in the last year of college.
One day I saw him typing Riya's number on her mobile. Meanwhile, both of them were laughing and joking. This increased the old jealousy that was buried in my heart. It was very difficult for me to bear that my friend and my boyfriend were flirting and both of them were cheating on me. I did not talk to her about this because I did not want to lose the friendship and hence I broke up with my boyfriend.
I was attracted to her husband and we kissed
A few years after college, we both met while working in the same city and we again started spending time together like before. Our bond had become even stronger than before. We used to party together, go shopping and were always there for each other in times of need. I was trying to get back on track after being in a failed relationship.
In the meantime, I met Riya's husband Vikram. Vikram was very charming and as soon as I saw him, I started feeling jealous that how could Riya get such a good husband. This was not surprising, but I was attracted to him. I kept thinking again and again that why can't I get such a good partner? Both of them were drowned in love and this thing also bothered me.
One day I went to Riya's house. Riya asked me about coffee and she went to the kitchen to get coffee. Vikram and I were alone. We felt a strange tension between us and suddenly we both kissed. Our hearts started beating fast. When Riya returned, we continued to behave normally.
After that day, calls and messages started happening between me and Vikram. And after this things increased further. One day I went to Riya's house again. This time Vikram had called me home to meet him and Riya had gone out for some work. We were having sex in the bedroom when suddenly Riya came. Seeing us, her face turned pale and her eyes filled with tears. She left from there in anger.
I got dressed and ran after him, when he looked back at me, I could see the pain and sorrow of the betrayal done by me in his eyes. My steps stopped there. After this we did not meet.
The same thing happened with me too
I tried to contact him many times, but nothing worked. On the other hand, my relationship with Vikram became deeper. Vikram was very caring and expressed love for me. I was happy. In the middle of all this, when the divorce was finalized, Vikram proposed to me and I said yes.
I had to break my friendship for this relationship, but I used to think that to gain something, one has to lose something. But my happiness did not last long because after some time I started suspecting that Vikram was having an affair with someone else. His shirts smelled of someone else's perfume and he started coming home late at night. My suspicions were true, he was really cheating on me. I never even dreamed that this would happen to me.
When the truth came out
When this happened to me, I contacted Riya and we both met at a cafe. This meeting after 3 years was uncomfortable, but I told her what had happened to me. She was not surprised at all to hear what I said. Meanwhile, I also blurted out how jealous I was of her.
I then reminded her about the incident when she was flirting with my boyfriend in college. She was shocked for a while and then an angry expression came on her face. She told me that she was not attracted to my then boyfriend but to his friend and was asking for his help to impress him.
The truth was out and I had nothing left to say or do. I had made the biggest mistake of my life and the reason for which was jealousy. I can't express how much I regret this, but I know that now everything is ruined and nothing can change it.
Read more : -

0 Comments