Hospitality

A priest in Kolkata (India) had an unwavering belief in the spiritual power of faith. The one who once visited his house could not remain unimpressed by the effect of his hospitality. He had great love for people. That's why people also respected him a lot. One day a thief who had escaped from jail was roaming here and there to take shelter at night.

He saw that the door of the priest's house was open, so he went to that priest's house, the priest greeted him and said to him, "Welcome to my house, but who are you and what have you come here to do?"  To this the thief told a white lie, "I am a traveler and have lost my way. So I wandered here and there, and when I saw the door of your house open, I came towards this.  Might find a place to hide, I'll leave by morning."

The priest said to him "Yes, why not, you can stay here comfortably and I think you are very tired so you go and wash your face comfortably, I will arrange for your sleep and food."

On this the thief, expressing his gratitude to the priest, turned towards the bathroom and in this way the priest made arrangements for his food and sleep. The priest hospitalized him very well and arranged for him to sleep after giving him good food.

After everyone slept in the night, the thief's desire to steal arose and he stole two gold lamps from the priest's house and ran away.

In the night the police was looking for him, so he got caught by the police, then during interrogation he told that I had stolen it from the priest's house. On this he was brought before the priest, then the priest told the police, "You please leave him. He came to my house as a guest and I have given this lamp to him as a gift."

Seeing all this, the thief's eyes were opened and he started realizing his mistake. Seeing the generosity of the priest, the thief started repenting. The thief then apologized to the priest and promised never to steal again.


Read more : - Sacrament


We learn from the story that we can change any type of bad person with our good behavior. Those who think against the society, they are despised outside the society and doing so does not solve any problem, we just need to treat them with more love so that we can change their life.



Post a Comment

0 Comments